'Thoughtful Body Care' also means, not just taking care of your skin, the physical outside of you, but the physical inside of you too.
I am not a 'health and beauty blogger'. Or maybe I am?
I don't claim to know everything. But here is what I've learned in my many years of reading health tidbits here, there and everywhere. It seems to me that it all boils down to a few things.
Those things being:
1. Drink water, lots and lots and lots of water. Your body is made up of mostly water. Drink it.
2. Exercise. Plenty of exercise. Be active. Do cardio. Stretch. Yoga. Walk. Dance. Flap your arms around. Anything, but just move.
3. Eat your fruits and veggies. Leafy greens. Raw food. Feed your living body good, living food.
4. Stay away from excess sugar, caffeine, fat and alcohol.
5. Eat lean meats.
6. Get your whole grains in.
6. Get plenty of rest/sleep.
Now, I'm not claiming to have mastered anything of the things above.
Case in point, just last night I was craving some 'comfort food'. Kraft Velveeta Macaroni & Cheese to be exact (Which I hadn't had in years). It sounded sooooo good.
It's cold, I'm hungry, I need mac and cheese.
So, I went out and bought some (Along with turnips, parsnips, and kale). Yes, my soul was satisfied. But I also told my husband, "I could live to be 100 and never eat another bowl of Velveeta mac and cheese again".
I'll stick with my turnips and parsnips, thanks.
My point is, what you put IN your body matters just as much, or more, than what you put ON your body.
Beauty from the inside out is a real thing.